- All Sales Are Final. No Refunds Once You’ve Received The Book(s).
The type of personal information we collect
- We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our site.
- The most common types of information we collect include things like: user-names, member names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details used in the registration process.
How we collect personal information
- We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete membership registration and buy a book on our Sites, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
How we use personal information
- We will use your personal information:
- To fulfill a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the Sites, like where you purchase an item from our marketplace.
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties’, legitimate interests. These interests include:
- operating the Sites;
- providing you with services described on the Sites;
- verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our Sites;
- helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- updating you with operational news and information about our Sites and services e.g. to notify you about new books, website disruptions or security updates;
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Sites and services we provide;
- monitoring activity on the Sites, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Sites;
- managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Sites or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
- managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
- improving our products and services;
- providing general administrative and performance functions and activities.
- For purposes that are required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
When we disclose your personal information
- We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
- our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc.);
- regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations;
- a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
- a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
- a rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
- other recipients where we are authorized or required by law, or requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities, to do so.
How you can access your personal information
- You can access some of the personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data.
Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
- Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our email lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about books that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
Information you make public or give to others
How long we keep your personal information
- We retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to provide the services to you and others and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your personal information or to provide you with us, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your account. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information we will retain information from deleted accounts as necessary for our legitimate business interests, to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect fees, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations or requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities, enforce the terms of service and take other actions permitted by law. The information we retain will be handled in accordance with this Terms of Service.
- Stripe: For credit card payments we use Stripe, an online card processing company. At no time do we see or have access to your financial information. When a payment is processed it happens on their server. Here is a link to their privacy and terms page: Click
- PayPal: For all other payments we use PayPal. At no time do we see or have access to your financial information. When a payment is processed it happens on their server. Here is a link to their security page: Click
Terms of Service v1.0, effective date June 20, 2020